Enhanced Reality

Why spend time in a virtual reality when you can enhance the reality you already have with technology? And what happens when it's hard to tell what's real and what's "enhanced"?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington D.C.

Weird and proud of it. But what is a Spak Kadi?

Thursday, April 28, 2005

The Voices Take Over!

SpakKadi’s been a bad, bad girlie. She’s been neglecting her fiction for the real world. For shame! So I (Jade Sharpe) and the other voices in her head will be taking over this blog. It’s truly a shame she can’t draw, otherwise we’d post our pics (well, some of us would). I think we should start with introductions, then. Who is to be first?

Don’t all volunteer at once. Okay, me first, then. I be Jade Sharpe, linguist, artists, and bubbly freak. I make a habit of embarrassing my friends in public and twisting the English language (and other languages) in ways unseen ante za, and por guen reason. In case the guess hasn’t entered your head yet, I’m one of the speakers of SpakKadi’s home grown language, Kathra. In fact, in all likeliness, I was a prime mover in its creation within the confines of this fictional unive. Hmmm, per and haps for reference, I should explain some pronouncings for Kathra.

Vowels are like Spanish – a (ah), e (eh), i (eee), o (oh), and u (ooo).
Again, like Spanish, the second to last syllable is emphasized when the word ends in a vowel and the last syllable is emphasized when the word ends in a consonant.
Adding “ai” (pronounced like “eye”) to the end of a word is like adding “er” in English.
Expect some words to seem familiar and still others to look made up (‘cause they is).

None too fancy. Words should make sense in context (as well as anything I say makes sense). You’ll probably hear much from me (especially if Spak consumes much and plenty caffeine), so I won’t prattle on about meself. Next?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home